Sunday, April 22, 2007

What is Global Warming

Globe Warming in brief is The increase in the average temperature of the earth near surface air and ocean”. I will explain how the increase in the average temperature happens.

Sun radiation that comes from the sun in the form of light waves passes through the atmosphere. Than the earth absorb the radiation and warms the earth. After that, some of the radiation is radiated back into the space by the earth in the form of infrared waves. Some of the infrared radiation can’t pass the atmosphere, trapped by it, and warms the earth, which keeps the temperature balance in the earth. But the thickness of the atmosphere are becoming bigger and bigger every year because of the greenhouse gases which act as a thickening blanket. In normal situations, the earth reflects 30% of the sun radiation and only 70% is absorbed by the earth to warm the land and the ocean.

In the causes of the increased greenhouses in the atmosphere the 30% reflected sun rays will be trapped in the atmosphere that lead to the increase of heat on the planet. As the earth warms from the greenhouse effect the water in the oceans vaporize and the vapor accumulates in the atmosphere and increases the amount of the sun rays that are trapped in the atmosphere which makes the problem worse. Global warming has many causes and effects and I will explain more about them in my blog.


This picture shows what I was explaining.

4 comments:

Mohamed Al Hammadi said...

I agree with you in evry word you siad. I think that this phenomenon should be discussed more.

Great blog Abdulla, it was very useful to me. I hope more people know abuot global warming and i hope that we do some thing to stop this phenomenon. Your blog will certainly be helpful to solve this problem.

Khalifa Alhammadi said...

I agree with Abdullah Zayed and I like his blog beacuse he do alot of information in the blog. Moreover I like his orgnize and the picture he put in the blog. Another thing I with him when he said the Global Warming will destroy the world if the people didn’t do something about it in the future.

Abdulla Zayed said...

Mohamed Al Hammadi

Thank you for passing by. And I hope the people can learn something from it. :)

Abdulla Zayed said...

khalifa alhammadi

I'm glad that you passed by. And thank you for your comment.