Monday, April 16, 2007

My action plan

At the beginning I didn’t know that the global warming had all these affects on the planet we live in. As other people do their part in protecting the environment I had to think of what can I do to help.

The first thing I decided to do is to reduce the consumption of electricity by turning the lights of when I go out of my room even for a minute. It might not have a big affect but on a long time basis it will help. Also when everyone goes to sleep I go around the house checking what I can turn of like the living room lights, AC in the living room and other equipment that aren’t necessary to work at night.

Another approach I will do is installing a new catalytic converter and oxygen sensors in my car. This will reduce the emission of carbon dioxide from my car. I told my brothers to take their cars to install catalytic converters in their cars since they don’t have one installed. I also decided to not use my car a lot except if am going for a long distance. Before even if I want go to the market I use my car and its just one kilometer away , now I started going walking when I want to buy small stuff. This can help reducing the emission from my car.

To reduce the use of plastic bags I started going shopping carefour because they provide bags that are recyclable and can be used for many time with tearing. In this way I helped a lot because I used to use a lot of plastic bags when going shopping or when going on a trip, but now with these carbon bags I can reuse them every time I need to.

The final approach is that I will look into using solar panels to generate energy for my house.

No comments: